Sunday 27 April 2014

A Personalized Cash Based System

Forgot password?
I don't like to keep track of my expenses. I don't want to put on an app what I ate and how much I spent. Expense tracking is very tedious for me. I'm a very impulsive person, and I don't think I can change immediately to the ideals of how to manage money properly.

So, I've hacked a cash-based system to fit my personality. I spend very early in the month on any bills that I have to pay. Even money that I commit to save, I "spend" it by separating it quickly. The rest, is money that keeps me alive. My lunch money. I can do what I want with it. I have a baseline on how much I should spend everyday. Any day I overspend, I know that I will compensate on other days by spending less, or none.

It's worked well so far. I don't go to the ATM to pull out cash because I pulled all of it early. This month, I forgot my ATM PIN, entered the wrong PIN 3x and had my card blocked. Luckily, it was only for 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment