Saturday 12 April 2014

The Vehicle You Deserve To Have

I have a 20 (+/-) year old car and I've been thinking of purchasing a new one. It's time, maybe. The car is running fine with no issues, but the air conditioner and that it's a gas guzzler (Nissan Pathfinder). I've always been a firm believer that the car I need is the car that will get me from point A to B and fits my budget. The problem, I don't really know which car exactly fits my finances. Until I was given a recommendation to an article by the financial samurai about the 1/10 rule for car buying. It's simple, the vehicle you buy should be 1/10 of your gross annual income. If you make 50,000/year, you deserve a 5,000 vehicle.

And so, now I know that I am currently deserving a combination of public transportation and walking or a scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment