Saturday 11 October 2014

Money Pet Peeves





I have a money pet peeve! I was quite surprised that I was able to catch myself in the act. It started with my wife casually and innocently bringing up that she wants us to spend $200+ dollars to fix/replace the car bumper. A simple discussion quickly turned into a light argument because I became irritated, especially when the reason and justification to spend the money is only for the car to look more pleasing on the eyes. I hold belief that any money spent should have a useful purpose. Spending $200 on a night out and fun experience as a family would be much better than a new bumper.

I realize it's difficult to calmly talk about money, because there may be certain things that you don't see eye-to-eye. It's better to get those out through open communication, and it's a situation where someone has to compromise for the greater good. Do you have money pet peeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment