Sunday 15 June 2014

The Rat Race

Happiness, Exit To Your Right...
In the past three years, I've been working in 4 different places, climbing the social ladder. One job after another was more "respectable" than the previous one, paying more. There's a price that I've been paying. My happiness. I have been miserable and it's about to pop like a nuclear pimple.

When I first jumped in the corporate world, I took a personality test. It reported that I was unambitious. It's probably true, I do not really care about climbing up the corporate ladder, working hard for the things I have little or no ambitions for.

I handed my resignation from my respectable job and will be needing a source of income. I'm calm but a little clouded in my head, so everyone else around me is panicking, my parents and wife. I have a plan, but some plans succeed, some fail. I put my trust where trust is best handed to.

Maybe readers of this blog experienced something similar?

So by mercy from Allah , [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah . Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him].
3. Surat 'Āli `Imrān (Family of Imran); 159

No comments:

Post a Comment