Sunday 30 November 2014

Hay Day Economics

Hay Day
 Sorry for the lack of updates. I had Certified Financial Planner test prep classes during weekends and it took a lot out of me (not really, just looking for an excuse). I will be sharing about the things I learnt, but this article will focus on the things I learn from my daughter's (7 years old) and my (32 years old) favorite game (for a while), Hay Day.

When she started playing it, she was hooked. I had to check on what she was getting hooked on because games these days, they change your behavior. It's almost like salat, you check in at least five times a day. I asked her for a tutorial, then I started to get hooked on it and learned a few things.

1. The relationship of production and wealth.
You can only make money if you produce something. You buy machines to make clothes and food, then the money will come. Life's not so different. A company hires you because you produce something and the company gives your income in return.
If you're looking to increase your income, there are two things you can do, ask for a raise, or produce something else. I'm not good at negotiation, I cannot sell myself, but maybe there are things that people need that I can help. List the things that you can offer and how much you'll charge. Voila.

2. Accumulate by managing consumption.
One. You start with land and capital (also an important thing). Two. You buy seeds of hay and corn from your capital. Three. You produce but you don't consume all. You save some left and you start back at one by preserving the capital and reusing the land. With that, you accumulate and able to expand.

3. Expand then comes the complications and boredom
This is the part where things started to get complicated. I had so many machines and produce, it was getting a little overwhelming. It's actually where I started to get bored with the game. I'm probably not the guy to own a big enterprise. Not a future Gates or Bezos.

I'm not sure if money will bring complications and boredom, but the good news is with money all you need is a brush, spit, rinse routine to accumulate and reach prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment