Sunday 24 November 2013

The Chosen Few

The Chosen One - image from fanpop
I have chosen the apps (android) that I will try out for a month for my budgeting needs;

Toshl Finance, YNAB, MoneyWise, and Pocket Budget

There are two honorable mentions that I eliminated from my testing;
Goodbudget (EEBA) and simplebudget

I will start with the eliminated apps.

Simplebudget have the simplest layout. The app uses an envelope budgeting system. You work your way from determining where you want your money to go. You create envelopes for mortgage, insurance, utilities and so on. You start by making a budget for everything you need. You'll realize at the end of the process, how much income you need to support your spending (cannot be negative number).

Then, track your spending and record it in the assigned virtual envelopes that you've set early on as your budget. One problem is that it doesn't meet my needs due to the fact that I go on business trips and acquire additional income. The amount differs from month to month yet once you've set an envelope, it'll become default as you swipe across months.

Goodbudget (formerly EEBA) is similar to simplebudget, I have problems setting additional income and how it would play to my overall picture of my spending and budgeting. The graphic user interface and flow of the app requires a learning curve much deeper compared to other apps.

So, with that out of the way remains the chosen few where one will rise above all and become the budgeting app to help me reach prosperity. I will update my progress of using the apps.


No comments:

Post a Comment