Wednesday 23 March 2016

6 Ultra High Quality Websites to Feed Your Brain

Facebook is a total waste of time. You learn nothing.

In this post I will share to you websites I consider to be very important that I can’t live without.

coursera-logoYou may have known some of these websites. In fact some of them became viral in social media.

Make your time productive as I share to you these top websites I consider to be one of the best alternative to Facebook.

1. TED.com

TED is a collection of live talks and conferences. Speakers are credible, top caliber experts on the subject matter.
ted-talks-ideas-worth-spreading
Do you want to see SteveJobs, Elon Musk or Anthony Robbins?

Or what about topics from biology, sexuality, economics or mathematics?

Name it and certainly there’s a TED talk for that.

For a quick start, you can watch the Top 20 Ted Talks.

Trust me, the videos are priceless!

What I love about this

I could see myself in front of the speaker. Live. For free.

How cool is that? And you can also get tips on public speaking. Amazing. You can also download the TED app for Android and iOS.

2. Quora.com

If you have questions (about anything) or just want to learn a specific info, Quora is the go-to site.

I have seen Quoransasking how Drew Houston (DropBox founder) learned to hack operating systems and Barack Obama's opinions about Iran leaders.

quora-logo


What makes it very interesting is that you can choose the topics you want to follow.

I personally follow Lifehacks, Stocks, Backpacking and Learning New Things.

Quora is better than Facebook. See it for yourself.

What I love about this

A lot of CEO’s, founders and experts are in Quora.


  1. Jimmy Wales (Wikipedia)
  2. Adam D'Angelo (Quora)
  3. Ashton Kutcher (Actor, Venture Capitalist)
  4. Sheryl Sandberg (Facebook COO)
  5. Michael Arrington (TechCrunch)
  6. Marc Andreessen (Venture Capitalist)
  7. Mark Cuban (Dallas Mavericks Owner)

Yes, the answers are straight from their mouth/heart/mind.



You can upvote or downvote an answer too. Download the Quora app for Android and iOS.

Let us meet in Quora – Paul Daveril Dabuco

3. Zenhabits.net

One of the blogs I follow. Zenhabits was awarded as TIME Magazine's Top 25 Blogs of 2009 and 2010. One of the best blogs in the world.

Talks about minimalism, simplicity and mindfulness. If you don't know what I mean, visit the blog.

What I love about this

Leo Babauta has emphasized the benefits of living with less stuff, veganism, meditation and mindfulness.

It will show you how to live life worry-free. Amazing blog.

Leo also has a sea change program that aims to develop a habit through accountability with other members.

4. Coursera.org

Free online courses from Harvard, MIT or Princeton professors. Yes, FREE at Coursera.

coursera-online-courses

What I love about this

Wide array of courses to choose and professors are from Ivy League universities.

Courses take weeks or months but only require few hours a week.

Assignments are also given. For a minimal fee, you can acquire a course certificate of completion.

Download the Coursera app for Android and iOS.

5. FinancialSamurai.com

A personal finance blog who walks-the-talk. The author talks about his passive income investments and net worth.

Financial Samurai is founded by Sam, a financial geek who was a millionaire before he turned 30.

What I love about this

Very transparent. Author credibility is high.

Unlike from other self-proclaimed financial gurus, he does what he teaches. And he's a substantially rich guy.

6. Udemy.com

The best "learn-at-your-own-pace" e-learning platform.

I have spent courses on uDemy but the value I get is tenfold.

udemy-online-courses


I enrolled in html/css programming and app development courses. Fantastic. Outstanding instructors.

What I love about this

The lectures are recorded in videos. You can access anytime even if you’re offline. Download uDemy for Android and iOS.

Unlike Coursera, there is no virtual class or assignments. But you can ask questions in the forum.

Absenteeism is not an issue. Learn whenever you want to.

Download the uDemy app for Android and iOS.

Check out my uDemy profile – Paul Dabuco

Conclusion

Social media has been the best and worst discovery of all time.

It distracts us from our tasks and devours our time. Worst is we learn nothing out of it.

Instead, why not spend your time on learning something?

There are a lot more free resources to feed your brain. What else are you using that I haven’t mentioned?

No comments:

Post a Comment