Wednesday 27 January 2016

Health is Wealth; Health is Empowerment to your life

Having fever, lying on the bed for more than 36 hours, feeling miserable and can't do much activities, it reinforced me that health is wealth and it is empowerment to my life. Even if I am a billionaire now and I have to lie on the bed for the rest of my life unable to do anything, what is the point?

This also reminded me that time is the utmost important asset I have. I wouldn't want to wait until my next life to live my current life. There is always tomorrow, you sure? Live your day as if it is your last, but plan your wealth as if you will live till 100 years old. Cherish your time, not the material.

I realised everyone has a different stroke in maintaining a good health. Unlike most people who feel healthy after exercising, I always fell sick when I am back to my exercise regiment. It is weird because exercising supposed to keep me fit. I have started my exercise program lightly, but I am not spared again this time round. I guess because of my multiple roles as a maid, husband, father, employee and personal fund manager, my body get overly tired having to work so hard. Also, when I exercised, my body get warm and dehydrate and I get sore throat easier. I know this is against human wisdom that exercise is not supposed to have cause these problems.

However, this does not mean I should not exercise. In the longer run, exercise overcomes long term and major health issues. I just need to moderately try and try again. In fact, I overcome my childhood asthma because I am so physically active during my student time.

Try to pay attention to your body, understand your body and how you can maintain physical well being. Trust me, your body will thank you lifetime and only you can help yourself on this. Not even the doctors (Though they can provide you with medical treatment while you can provide yourself with preventive measures.)

For example, drink a lot of water, sleep early and wake up early, avoid spicy, fried and certain type of food help me to prevent getting sick so easily. These are almost at no cost to me. However, avoiding fried food totally is challenging because I do love them once a while. *Guilty.

This doesn't mean you should spend unnecessary money to buy health products. Natural way should be the best. If you really need some supplement, do understand what mineral you are lacking and buy the appropriate one. For example, no point eating calcium pills when you are not shortage of it. Try to get discount price at pharmacy or online pharmacy.

Are you paying enough attention to your body? Or you are born with good gene that you feel invincible most of the time without a need to take care of your body?

Do share your health tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment