Sunday 1 February 2015

A Step Into The World of Investing

I've decided to start investing this year. Small amounts, monthly, put away early. I'll be placing my investments in an Islamic index fund (Indonesia). To my knowledge, there aren't any Islamic index fund in the U.S. but Islamicity.com lists Islamic mutual funds available for Muslims in the U.S. and also the IMAN Fund.

When I compare other funds to the index fund, it doesn't look attractive enough since other's are performing above the index. But, my intention is to start something bigger. I have two kids, one on the way. They're 8 and 5 years old. My hope is to implant habits for them to invest throughout their lifetime as I did not have parents that encourage me to invest early on. InshaAllah, they have many years ahead of them. Who knows what fruits it may bear in 30 years...




No comments:

Post a Comment