Saturday 16 August 2014

The Power of Habit



I've been trying to figure out whether I have a habit loop regarding my money that consists of a cue to action, an activity leading to a routine, and a reward.

I think that when my income comes in, it is a cue to action. It may be to go eat out, buy something out on impulse, and many other things. Before I had a budget, I basically let myself go without a plan. It didn't work for me, looking at the bigger picture of my finances, because I wasn't getting anywhere. It's been some months that I have a monthly budget, and I realize that my budget has become my routine to quickly allocate my money to certain spending posts. I've been encouraging my wife, and her budget is working for her as well.

I haven't been able to identify the reward. Maybe making my life easier is a reward in itself.

And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties]; and mankind was created weak. 4. Surat An-Nisā' (The Women);28

No comments:

Post a Comment