Sunday 16 September 2012

Happy Hour: Saving my social life and my money

To me, the hardest part about saving is the toll it can take on my social life....or maybe it's that my social life always ruins my savings plan! Everyone has different money values, but for me spending money to hang out with my friends is totally worth it, which definitely makes it hard to tighten this particular budget item. 

It's great to save on drinks and spend some time gossiping with friends.  As an added bonus, I try to look for happy hours that have reduced prices on food.  That way you're pretty much having a cheap dinner at the same time.  Depending on how long you're out, you'll get hungry anyways so finding places with food is clutch.  Also watch out for 2 for 1 deals, often times it's per person, meaning each person automatically drinks two.  If that's the case, make sure they serve food as well! 

    Depending on the situation, you can use the happy hour idea to avoid an expensive dinner.  Group dinners are pretty typical among friends and co-workers, but if you're feeling your budget tighten, suggest a happy hour with food.  It'll be less filling, there'll be drinks involved, and you'll be going out earlier in the evening than you would for dinner. 

    Here our some of my favorite happy hours in SF:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment